Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Welcomes Attorney Laura E. Alms in ChicagoSeptember 25, 2018 | Laura E. Alms, Esq.
CHICAGO — Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, a full-service creditors' rights law firm now in its 88th year of client service, is pleased to announce the addition of Attorney Laura E. Alms to the firm's Chicago, Illinois office.
Ms. Alms handles consumer collections matters, focusing her practice on real estate, probate, collections, and commercial and estate litigation. She has extensive experience representing creditors in pre-judgment litigation.
Ms. Alms is licensed in Illinois, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the DuPage County Bar Association, and the American Inns of Court Robert E. Jones (DuPage County) Chapter. She also serves as an executive board member for the Northern Illinois University College of Law Alumni Council.
Ms. Alms was awarded her J.D. from the Northern Illinois University College of Law, where she was a recipient of both the Kane County Bar Foundation Scholarship and the Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity Russell Burns Scholarship for Achievement. She earned her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, in business management from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where she was an Edmund J. James Scholar – an honor extended to the top 10% of students.
Ms. Alms spent a semester abroad through the Agen, France comparative law study abroad program in the summer of 2010. She currently volunteers her time raising funds for the American Brain Tumor Association.
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Welcomes Attorney Courtney A. Martin to Philadelphia Office
- Weltman's Jason K. Wright Expands Firm's Bankruptcy Footprint to Include Arizona Courts
- Managing Shareholder Scott S. Weltman Testifies in front of the House Committee on Financial Services
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Attorney Charles Andrew Walgreen Named to 2019 List of Illinois Rising Stars
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Announces the Election of Two New Shareholders
- Now in Effect: New Requirements for Reporting Elder Abuse in Ohio
- No Joke: The Ohio Statutory Exemption is Increasing on April 1st – Is Your Organization Ready?
- An Analysis of Ohio's New Requirements for Private Selling Officers, Junior Lienholders, and Mortgage Servicers
- Coming Soon in Ohio: Online Notarizations
- The Dodd-Frank Amendments and the Resurrection of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act