Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Welcomes Attorney Laura E. Alms in ChicagoSeptember 25, 2018 | Laura E. Alms
CHICAGO — Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, a full-service creditors' rights law firm now in its 88th year of client service, is pleased to announce the addition of Attorney Laura E. Alms to the firm's Chicago, Illinois office.
Ms. Alms handles consumer collections matters, focusing her practice on real estate, probate, collections, and commercial and estate litigation. She has extensive experience representing creditors in pre-judgment litigation.
Ms. Alms is licensed in Illinois, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. She is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the DuPage County Bar Association, and the American Inns of Court Robert E. Jones (DuPage County) Chapter. She also serves as an executive board member for the Northern Illinois University College of Law Alumni Council.
Ms. Alms was awarded her J.D. from the Northern Illinois University College of Law, where she was a recipient of both the Kane County Bar Foundation Scholarship and the Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity Russell Burns Scholarship for Achievement. She earned her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, in business management from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where she was an Edmund J. James Scholar – an honor extended to the top 10% of students.
Ms. Alms spent a semester abroad through the Agen, France comparative law study abroad program in the summer of 2010. She currently volunteers her time raising funds for the American Brain Tumor Association.
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Attorney Milos Gvozdenovic Joins Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA) Board
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Shareholder David A. Wolfe Admitted to the State Bar of Florida
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Receives 2018 President's Award from National Creditors Bar Association
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Welcomes Attorney Laura E. Alms in Chicago
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Earns "Green+" Certification from Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Dodd-Frank Amendments and the Resurrection of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- The CFPB is About to Enact New Requirements for Mortgage Servicers – Is Your Organization Prepared?
- Upcoming Changes to National Bankruptcy Plan and Bankruptcy Rules
- Are You Prepared for Upcoming Changes to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure?
- Pattern of Inaccurate Filings in Bankruptcy Cases Results in $15 Million OCC Civil Penalty for Financial Institution