DETROIT - Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, a full-service creditors' rights law firm now in its 88th year of client service, is pleased to announce that two of the firm's attorneys have been named to the 2018 lists of Michigan Super Lawyers & Rising Stars.
Shareholder Stuart A. Best leads Weltman's Litigation and Defense Group, which handles matters in consumer finance defense litigation, commercial banking, business, and real property litigation in both federal and state courts. He is also part of the firm's integrated Real Estate Default Group, and handles complex legal foreclosure and title issues, as well as state law foreclosure compliance.
In addition to his inclusion in Super Lawyers, Mr. Best is Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, its highest available rating for legal ability and professional ethics. He has also been named a “Top Lawyer” by Detroit’s DBusiness Magazine.
Attorney Jennifer T. Dillow handles general consumer collection and education-related receivable matters. Ms. Dillow has been named to seven editions of the Michigan Rising Stars list (2012-18), an honor awarded annually by Super Lawyers to no more than 2.5% of attorneys in the state. She has served on the Michigan Creditors Bar Association Board of Directors (2011-16), and currently participates on the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Super Lawyers, a Thompson-Reuters® business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Attorneys selected to the list of Super Lawyers represent no more than 5% of lawyers in the state, and attorneys selected to the list of Rising Stars (attorneys 40 years old or younger, or who have been in practice for 10 years or fewer) represent no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state. The lists are published online at SuperLawyers.com and in Super Lawyers Magazine for distribution to attorneys in the state or region, and ABA-accredited law school libraries.
- Managing Shareholder Scott S. Weltman Testifies in front of the House Committee on Financial Services
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Attorney Charles Andrew Walgreen Named to 2019 List of Illinois Rising Stars
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Announces the Election of Two New Shareholders
- Six Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Attorneys Named to 2019 Lists of Ohio Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Shareholder Eileen M. Bitterman Appointed to Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Board of Visitors
- No Joke: The Ohio Statutory Exemption is Increasing on April 1st – Is Your Organization Ready?
- An Analysis of Ohio's New Requirements for Private Selling Officers, Junior Lienholders, and Mortgage Servicers
- Coming Soon in Ohio: Online Notarizations
- The Dodd-Frank Amendments and the Resurrection of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- The CFPB is About to Enact New Requirements for Mortgage Servicers – Is Your Organization Prepared?