Columbus Bar Association Honors Weltman Senior Shareholder Allen J. Reis with 2018 Professionalism AwardJune 14, 2018 | Allen J. Reis, Esq.
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, a full-service creditors' rights law firm now in its 88th year of client service, is pleased to announce that Senior Shareholder Allen J. Reis is the recipient of this year's Columbus Bar Association's prestigious Professionalism Award. He was presented the award in a ceremony Thursday at the 2018 Columbus Bar Annual Meeting.
Each year, the Columbus Bar Association (CBA) honors one attorney with the Professionalism Award “in recognition of exceptional dedication to the standards of the profession and for demonstrated integrity.”
“We are thrilled the CBA has chosen to recognize Al with one of its highest awards,” said Managing Partner Scott S. Weltman. “Al truly epitomizes professionalism and integrity, and has been an incredible asset to the community and our firm throughout his 42 years of service. He is absolutely deserving of this honor, and we are very proud of him.”
Mr. Reis began practicing in Ohio in 1976, and has been an active CBA member since 1981. He was named partner at Weltman in 1994, in recognition of his many contributions to the firm. He is chiefly responsible for Weltman's growth in Central Ohio, and continues to lead the firm as a member of its Management Committee. Mr. Reis oversees the firm's Commercial Collections practice in Central Ohio, including commercial banking, commercial business, special collections, and commercial agency collections.
Mr. Reis has been recognized seven times by Ohio Super Lawyers, and is AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest available rating for legal ability and professional ethics. He is also actively involved in the community as a volunteer for the Mid-Ohio Foodbank.
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Attorney Milos Gvozdenovic Joins Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA) Board
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Shareholder David A. Wolfe Admitted to the State Bar of Florida
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Receives 2018 President's Award from National Creditors Bar Association
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Welcomes Attorney Laura E. Alms in Chicago
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Earns "Green+" Certification from Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Dodd-Frank Amendments and the Resurrection of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- The CFPB is About to Enact New Requirements for Mortgage Servicers – Is Your Organization Prepared?
- Upcoming Changes to National Bankruptcy Plan and Bankruptcy Rules
- Are You Prepared for Upcoming Changes to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure?
- Pattern of Inaccurate Filings in Bankruptcy Cases Results in $15 Million OCC Civil Penalty for Financial Institution