Real Estate Default
Comprehensive Real Estate Default Representation
The Real Estate Default Group of Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA is a unique combination of professionals who are experienced in foreclosure, eviction, bankruptcy, litigation, and compliance. Our goal is to proactively assist the mortgage lending and servicing community with professional, innovative solutions - for all their real estate default needs.
Foreclosure and Eviction
Our foreclosure and eviction team approaches foreclosures or alternatives by focusing on critical objectives, including producing a marketable title to the real property as quickly as possible. We understand the importance of resolving obstacles for both judicial and non-judicial states, and the need to communicate obstacles and resolutions to our clients. With our title and lien summary reports, our clients stay informed of every real estate title status.
Innovative Approaches to Defaulted Accounts
Given the vast number of defaulted accounts that continue to increase every day, we recognize the need for innovative approaches to help lenders and servicers reduce their default portfolio. A few of the creative real estate solutions we offer include:
- Early-Stage Delinquency Letter: Many clients have been successful with this program that establishes contact with the consumer at an early stage of delinquency
- Pre-Foreclosure Outreach Program: Typically results in a high contact percentage with borrowers that lenders and servicers never reach that end up in foreclosure - significantly reducing first legal expenses
- Investment Held Property Program: Shifts the focus of collection efforts from the property itself to the consumer’s personal assets, when the goal is to achieve a result other than taking back the property
- Loss Mitigation Services: Aims to reduce the number of accounts going into foreclosure and the number of accounts in default, by encouraging consumers to contact your loss mitigation department to resolve the matter
- Streamlined Alternatives to Judicial Foreclosure Matters: Reduced timelines to save clients’ money, utilizing Florida statute to show cause for entry of a final judgment of foreclosure and payment during foreclosure
Real estate lenders in a Chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13 bankruptcy proceeding can take advantage of our comprehensive bankruptcy representation. Our services include objections to confirmation, motions for relief from stay, motions for adequate protection, and proofs of claim. We handle complex adversary and defense matters, including lien avoidance, title claims, objections to proof of claim, and stay violations. Our efforts to mitigate your loss begins with our attendance at the first meeting of creditors, and continues through the judicious use of reaffirmation agreements, forbearance agreements, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and short sales. Our goal is to reduce the number of accounts that move to foreclosure after a bankruptcy is complete.
The experience of our Litigation and Defense team, combined with our deep understanding of real estate matters, makes us an ideal choice for matters that ultimately lead to litigation. Our goal is to protect timelines, and minimize your exposure, liability, and expenses. Our services include:
- Defense litigation
- Priority disputes
- Federal Court litigation and class actions
- Compliance litigation
- Injunctive relief to prevent tear-downs
- Commercial foreclosures and lien disputes
Our in-house compliance audit department works diligently to ensure our staff, practices, policies, and procedures are up-to-date and in compliance with all state and federal regulations. We always strive to adhere to the most current privacy, data security, document destruction, and compliance guidelines set forth in our industry.