Real Estate Default Litigation
Protecting Your Interests in Real Estate Default Matters
The attorneys of the Real Estate Default Litigation and Defense Group at Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA play a key role in assisting clients in defending litigation cases and resolving non-performing assets in a timely fashion. This integrated group recognizes your need for innovative approaches to the ever-increasing demands of your real estate default portfolios in providing comprehensive legal representation to mortgage lenders and servicers.
Our representation includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Real Estate Default/Litigation and Defense
- Contract Interpretations and Negotiations
- Contractual Litigation
- Contested Transactions
- Commercial & Consumer Foreclosures
- Negotiations & Purchase Agreements
- Receiver Activities
- Evictions-Commercial & Consumer
- Foreclosure- Commercial & Consumer
- Jury Litigation
- Federal Court Representation
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Counterclaim Defense
- Appellate Representation
- Claim Presentment
- Non-dischargeable Litigation
- Chapter 7, 11 and 13’s
- Loss Mitigation Programs
- Motions for Relief from Stay
- Objections to Confirmation
Real Estate Default Litigation Group Benefits:
- Direct access to specialized, knowledgeable attorneys utilizing our breadth of expertise in bankruptcy, litigation, foreclosure and title issues for routine and non-routine questions
- Involvement from experienced management teams and staff with industry-specific knowledge to drive efficient and effective processes within the daily handling of business
- A solid reporting, communications and audit function to comply with your requirements, making our firm a seamless business partner with your team
- A commitment to “do the little things” that can make a difference, whether it’s attending First Meetings of Creditors, maintaining strong relations with court personnel, debtor bankruptcy attorneys and trustees, or just picking up the phone to give you status updates
- Consolidated reporting and online account access via Internet-based eClientNet©
Combined Legal & Default Expertise to Manage Your Needs
Our Real Estate Default Group (REDG) is comprised of a unique combination of experienced professionals in bankruptcy, litigation, foreclosure and title services. We assist the mortgage lending and servicing community with innovative and thorough solutions to your real estate default needs in a timely fashion, by aggressively moving matters to resolution, offering debtors’ loss mitigation opportunities to help resolve loans, or producing clear and marketable titles as quickly as possible.
Reputation and Results You Can Count On
Our regular appearance in numerous courts within our jurisdictions allows us to maintain an in-depth understanding of each system and judge in order to help you achieve results. Our staff has relationships with court personnel who appreciate the fact that they are dealing with an experienced law firm who has a track record of handling matters in a timely and professional manner.
Comprehensive National Real-Estate Default Representation
REDG services include our established national network of experienced attorneys for issues outside of our footprint states of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. We remain actively involved with local counsel throughout the legal process to ensure that all cases are handled and reported effectively, providing you consistent levels of service and accountability in every state.
Home Ownership Preservation
Weltman’s REDG is poised and ready to address your real estate defaulted accounts through loss mitigation or home ownership preservation – efforts designed to help you reduce the number of accounts going into foreclosure and the number of accounts in default.
Centralized Communications, Reporting & Auditing
REDG’s centralized communications provides a one-stop location to forward all referrals, requests for status on files, and requests for information on fees and costs to ensure prompt, efficient and effective communication between our litigation, foreclosure and bankruptcy teams. Our robust reporting and auditing capabilities allow us to monitor and track timelines, provide enhanced mechanisms for tracking bankruptcy and processing delays, and monitor your portfolio for status updates and anticipated next steps for each account.