Weltman's Casey B. Hicks Appointed to Illinois State Bar Association Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section CouncilJuly 24, 2018 | Casey B. Hicks, Esq.
CHICAGO – Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, a full-service creditors' rights law firm now in its 88th year of client service, is pleased to announce that Junior Shareholder Casey B. Hicks has been appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section Council for the 2018-19 term.
The premier legal association in the state, the ISBA has 28,000 members and focuses on assisting Illinois lawyers in their law practice, and promoting improvements in the administration of justice. Each year, the ISBA President-Elect appoints ISBA members who are nominated to committees and section councils.
The mission of the ISBA Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section is to promote professional excellence by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience, and available materials relative to commercial, banking, and bankruptcy law; to monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation; and to promote excellence in practice through continuing legal education programs.
This appointment is a terrific honor for Ms. Hicks, who is based in Weltman’s Chicago office where she is the Managing Attorney. She practices in the Real Estate Default Group, and has handled numerous cases on bankruptcy, collection, eviction, housing court, and foreclosure matters. She is also a member of the Chicago Bar Association, is licensed in Illinois, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Weltman Shareholder James G. Kozelek Elected Recording Secretary for the Commercial Law League of America
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Welcomes Attorney Courtney A. Martin to Philadelphia Office
- Weltman's Jason K. Wright Expands Firm's Bankruptcy Footprint to Include Arizona Courts
- Managing Shareholder Scott S. Weltman Testifies in front of the House Committee on Financial Services
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Attorney Charles Andrew Walgreen Named to 2019 List of Illinois Rising Stars
- Now in Effect: New Requirements for Reporting Elder Abuse in Ohio
- No Joke: The Ohio Statutory Exemption is Increasing on April 1st – Is Your Organization Ready?
- An Analysis of Ohio's New Requirements for Private Selling Officers, Junior Lienholders, and Mortgage Servicers
- Coming Soon in Ohio: Online Notarizations
- The Dodd-Frank Amendments and the Resurrection of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act