Weltman's Casey B. Hicks Appointed to Illinois State Bar Association Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section CouncilJuly 24, 2018 | Casey B. Hicks, Esq.
CHICAGO – Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, a full-service creditors' rights law firm now in its 88th year of client service, is pleased to announce that Junior Shareholder Casey B. Hicks has been appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section Council for the 2018-19 term.
The premier legal association in the state, the ISBA has 28,000 members and focuses on assisting Illinois lawyers in their law practice, and promoting improvements in the administration of justice. Each year, the ISBA President-Elect appoints ISBA members who are nominated to committees and section councils.
The mission of the ISBA Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section is to promote professional excellence by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience, and available materials relative to commercial, banking, and bankruptcy law; to monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation; and to promote excellence in practice through continuing legal education programs.
This appointment is a terrific honor for Ms. Hicks, who is based in Weltman’s Chicago office where she is the Managing Attorney. She practices in the Real Estate Default Group, and has handled numerous cases on bankruptcy, collection, eviction, housing court, and foreclosure matters. She is also a member of the Chicago Bar Association, is licensed in Illinois, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Earns "Green+" Certification from Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Director of Business Development, Robert J. Hanna, to Chair NEFA Conference
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Attorneys Named to 2018 Lists of Michigan Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Bankruptcy Attorney Jason K. Wright Sworn In to U.S. Supreme Court
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Prevails in Lawsuit Brought by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- The Dodd-Frank Amendments and the Resurrection of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- The CFPB is About to Enact New Requirements for Mortgage Servicers – Is Your Organization Prepared?
- Upcoming Changes to National Bankruptcy Plan and Bankruptcy Rules
- Are You Prepared for Upcoming Changes to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure?
- Pattern of Inaccurate Filings in Bankruptcy Cases Results in $15 Million OCC Civil Penalty for Financial Institution