Weltman's Casey B. Hicks Appointed to Illinois State Bar Association Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section CouncilJuly 24, 2018 | Casey B. Hicks, Esq.
CHICAGO – Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, a full-service creditors' rights law firm now in its 88th year of client service, is pleased to announce that Junior Shareholder Casey B. Hicks has been appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section Council for the 2018-19 term.
The premier legal association in the state, the ISBA has 28,000 members and focuses on assisting Illinois lawyers in their law practice, and promoting improvements in the administration of justice. Each year, the ISBA President-Elect appoints ISBA members who are nominated to committees and section councils.
The mission of the ISBA Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section is to promote professional excellence by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience, and available materials relative to commercial, banking, and bankruptcy law; to monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation; and to promote excellence in practice through continuing legal education programs.
This appointment is a terrific honor for Ms. Hicks, who is based in Weltman’s Chicago office where she is the Managing Attorney. She practices in the Real Estate Default Group, and has handled numerous cases on bankruptcy, collection, eviction, housing court, and foreclosure matters. She is also a member of the Chicago Bar Association, is licensed in Illinois, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Prevails in Lawsuit Brought by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Weltman's Casey B. Hicks Appointed to Illinois State Bar Association Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section Council
- Columbus Bar Association Honors Weltman Senior Shareholder Allen J. Reis with 2018 Professionalism Award
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Welcomes New Attorney Matthew W. Pomy to Pittsburgh Office
- Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA Shareholder Sara M. Costanzo Transitions to Firm's Business Development Team
- Illinois Supreme Court Adopts New Requirements for Credit Card and Debt Buyer Collection Cases
- The Dodd-Frank Amendments and the Resurrection of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- The CFPB is About to Enact New Requirements for Mortgage Servicers – Is Your Organization Prepared?
- Upcoming Changes to National Bankruptcy Plan and Bankruptcy Rules
- Are You Prepared for Upcoming Changes to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure?